Introduction to Canine Fitness
Presented By Carol Creamer CPDT-KA, CTDI, CCC, CCFT, FPMT
Saturday, July 14, 2018 – 9 am to 4pm
Frenchtown, New Jersey
The BCOA welcomes ALL BREEDS, dog owners, and breeders for this one day workshop.
Location – GPS address for the park: Morton Building, 178 Horseshoe Bend Rd., Frenchtown NJ 08825
This one-day Canine Fitness Workshop is for those interested in understanding proper canine exercise form, technique, behavior, and program design for optimum performance and injury prevention using science based, force-free training methods and canine-specific conditioning equipment.
Topics include but not limited to:
- The importance of canine fitness for dogs
- Introducing dogs to canine fitness equipment
- Reward-Marker Training (clicker or verbal reward marker)
- 4 Training Types (Luring, Shaping, Capturing, Molding)
- Introduce Participants to the difficulties of balancing
- Stretching (Active)
- Proper Form and technique for equipment and exercises and progressions
- Signs of Fatigue. Signs of Stress. Signs of Discomfort.
- Use of canine fitness equipment
Carol is the owner of C 2 Dog Training and has been working with animals for almost 20 years. Her experience includes working as an animal shelter volunteer, foster parent of many dogs and cats from various animal shelters and rescue groups, zookeeper, veterinary assistant, veterinary technician, animal cruelty investigator, and dog trainer.
Carol has also attended many continued education events on various topics related to veterinary medicine, dog training, dog behavior, and pet nutrition. For more information: http://c2dogtraining.com/index.php